Monday 25 July 2011

Dinner at Zilouf's, Islington

After our cocktails on Friday, Tom and I stumbled on our merry way to a highly recommendable restaurant on Upper Street called Zilouf's. Despite spending a vast amount of time in Angel, I was surprised that the place had never caught my eye. With so many bars and restaurants on Upper Street, I suppose it's not too difficult to stroll past without noticing anything in particular. 


The food was a tasty mix of Asian flavour with Western substance and meaty-ness! We shared scallops to start, followed by the rib of beef, which was so massive that I had to take a photo to share with you! Definitely enough to feed three. Or perhaps two growing men, but certainly too much for the two of us having eaten a starter, filled up on homemade bread (couldn't help it, it looked so pretty and tasty!), side of chunky chips and wok veg.



The waitress serving us was really friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was buzzing with a mixture of parties, couples and families - a great place for all occasions.

I didn't realise at the time, but Zilouf's is also renowned for its cocktails, which I didn't have the chance to sample as we moved on to a bottle of red. I was disappointingly too full for dessert, but they sounded really tempting - 'Passion fruit brulee w/ lime shortbread and lychee fruit salad'. Ahh well, something to look forward to next time!
  • great service
  • Asian/Western cuisine
  • known for cocktails
  • lively atmosphere
  • Great value at approx £15 main, £6 starter/dessert

1 comment: