Thursday 28 July 2011

Berkeley Hotel, Blue Bar

So this is my first addition to the blog and thought I would suggest a place for a really special occasion. So as I am sadly leaving London was treated to a few drinks in the Blue Bar at the Berkeley hotel by my good friend Dan. It is definitely in the higher price range but for a couple of cocktails and a relaxed evening is perfect.

As the name suggests all the decor is blue, we're talking about walls, floor and chairs here and definitely a place to dress to impress! The cocktails were AMAZING! I had the 'Italian Job'; an ingenious cocktail which contains orange, passion fruit, vodka and dry ice. The overall effect is of a bubbling martini glass of liquid emitting smoke. Looks fantastic and tastes even better. My expression at this drink must have been a common one as before my waiter had finished pouring explained I could 'drink at my will!' Unfortunately this was not a cheap drink at £17 but worth the taste as a treat.

I would recommend this for a few drinks with the girls, date night if you are wanting to seriously impress or just a treat with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment