Tuesday 26 July 2011

Super Sushi

It turns out last Friday night was a popular night for dates! Jim surprised me by booking a table at the small branch of Ukai Sushi on Wandsworth Road, Lambeth. "Table booked for 8pm, be ready for quarter to" the last message he sent me at work that day said, but it didn't include any details of where we were going...Luckily I had an inkling it would be this sushi restaurant as I'd been banging on about it for weeks before. Neither of us had eaten sushi out before, and my sushi expertise only entended to the little lunch packs you can get from Tescos or M&S, so I was really looking forward to it.

We started with a small jug of hot Sake, not out of pleasure, but Jim had never had it before and I thought it a staple part of first-time Japanese dining. Surprisingly, we got through the whole jug (it did seem to get nicer after a few egg-cup-fulls!) Miso soup (£2) and Endamame beans (£2.50) were next and addictively salty. I could eat Endamame beans until I die.

We followed with the tuna and salmon mixed platter and the jumbo mixed platter for mains (about £13-16 a platter).



I know that most sushi consists of raw fish, but I was still a bit unsure about the seemingly huge slabs of plain, raw tuna and salmon atop of raw carrot and onion on the selection platters. But once they were dipped in soy sauce they tasted fine, although it took some self-distraction to not keep thinking about how there was a chunk of raw fish swilling about your mouth for 30 seconds...To take my mind off it, I dared Jim to eat a pea-sized lump of Wasabi with hilarious consequences!

The house white wine was nothing to write home about - not sure if it was Japanese or just a budget brand.

All in all a very intimate and cute little restaurant, well-worth a visit if you've never had sushi and if you're not keen on the raw fish aspect, there are plenty of other options including vegetables, beef and duck.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. If you have Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so well that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking it.is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr Itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer,Leukuemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain CANCER,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Facator V Leiden Mutation , Lottery Spell,Copd, Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Epilepsy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic Asthma. Here His Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277976. I paid for his herbal medicine and sent it to me through Courier Service which I pick it urgently and used.

    ReplyDelete